Wednesday, March 12, 2014

It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work: 2013 Iowa Hawkeyes #16 Jersey

I love beer, but I cannot stand Bud Light. It is watery and has absolutely no taste. However I love Bud Light's Superstition commercials. We all have one. I watched a 50 year old lady at the bar wear a neon green tutu and blue leggings for the Seahawks/Niners game. My friend stands on his head for 4th Downs. Mine was my #18 Chad Greenway Capital One Bowl jersey. My parents brought it back from Orlando after the game, and it was my lucky go-to outfit for games. I used up until 2010 when Iowa hit a bit of a skid, and I deemed the jersey not lucky. Every game I watched while wearing, Iowa played horribly and limped to a 8-5 overall record. So the #18 has officially been retired.

I avoided jerseys for the longest time, as most are incredibly expensive. So while browsing for a waffle iron one Tuesday afternoon, I saw a black shirt with yellow stripes poking out of the clothing rack. I ran over and pulled a 2XXL #16 Modern style Nike Hawkeye Jersey. I had saw similar jerseys at Scheels for $50+ and I could not believe the great find. Adding to my excitement, it was yellow tag quarter day and this little number just so happened to have a yellow tag on it. Cha-Ching. 

I am just going to tell myself it is either a 2013 C.J. Beathard or 2011 James Vandenburg jersey and not a 2012 Vandenburg. Still too many painful memories.

Come August 30 I have a new lucky jersey to wear. Watch out Northern Iowa, nothing can stop us now. 



Price Paid: 3.38  .25¢!
Bought At: Muscatine Goodwill
Going For: $50+ in most stores, $20.99 and up on most online sites
Condition: Perfect. No stains, no stretches, gold bands are not cracked

Go grab your fuzzy keychain, dirty jersey, lucky underwear or neon tutu. Its only weird if it doesn't work. 

Go Hawks

No comments:

Post a Comment