Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In Commemoration: 1982 Rose Bowl Glass

My favorite hobby is collecting Hawkeye items and the second is collecting beer glasses and breweriana. I work next to the Goodwill in my town, and my lunch breaks almost always consist of browsing the glassware section. Glassware is always plentiful and I can almost always get a good pilsner glass or glass mug with a logo on it pretty cheap. So when I find Hawkeye glassware, it is always a good lunch break.

The 1982 Rose Bowl vs Washington may not have ended the way Hawkeye fans had hoped, losing 28-0 but the amount of commemorative items released was staggering. I suppose not being in a good bowl game for the better part of 2 decades does that to a fan base.

 Pretty much anything you can think of they slapped a Hawkeye or a Rose on it. I own few items from the game so this is one of the best finds I have come across. I found 2 of these glass mugs, both in perfect condition (which almost never happens.)


The text reads "Commemorating A 23 year dry spell, 1959-1982, Rose Bowl '82.".

Price Paid: .88¢ Per Glass
Bought at: Muscatine Goodwill
Going for: On eBay I found a few of these going for around $20 dollars per glass
Condition: Perfect. No cracks, chips or damage.

Drink Up Friends, its only 6 months til Football season. Go Hawks!


No comments:

Post a Comment