Monday, March 31, 2014

High Riding Hawkeyes: Framed 1982 KRNA Basketball Poster

Salvation Army is usually hit or miss. You either get really good stuff, or you get stuff that has been sitting in grandma's basement for 40 years and no one wants any of it. But in town it is right next to where my Girlfriend works, so it is great way to pass time if I am waiting for her to get off work.

This one made me really mad I hadn't been there 10 minutes sooner. The lady checking me out said that she had just sold 3 other KRNA posters to someone a few minutes ago, but they had left just this one. But this one is better than nothing.

The '82 Hawkeyes were led by the Hawkeye greats Bobby Hansen, Steve Carfino Greg Stokes, Michael Payne, Kenny Arnold, and Kevin Boyle.  It was also the final season in the great Iowa Fieldhouse before Carver Hawkeye opened in '83.





Price Paid: $5.00
Bought At: Muscatine Salvation Army
Condition: Excellent. No damage and a custom frame
Going For: $15-$25 dollars

So I got a hit with this one, and it's missing brothers give me something more to keep searching for.

Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment