Monday, August 4, 2014

Up-cycling: Ricky Stanzi Pledge of Allegiance Picture.

First if you are not familiar with Ricky Stanzi just Google his post Orange Bowl interview. Seen it? Good.

I always see people up-cycling on Pinterest and Facebook, but I do not have the creative mind to transform junk into art. Unless my Hawkeyes are involved.

 I noticed a September 11th framed picture hiding in the corner and dismissed it initially. But the plaque inside the frame piqued my interest. The inscription was the pledge of allegiance and my mind started turning I instantly had the right picture in mind to replace it.

See: Patriotism

After I got home I downloaded the image and the next day I went to Wal-Mart to blow the picture up to fit the frame. An hour and some delicate surgery later the picture was replaced and I up-cycled my first Hawkeye piece.




Price Paid: $2.89 For the Stanzi Picture and 
Bought At: Muscatine Salvation Army
Condition: Up-cycled
Going For: ??? 


"There's nothing better than being American..If you don't love it, leave it. USA, No. 1"

Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment