Thursday, March 20, 2014

Crashing the Boards: Iowa Hawkeyes Stuff It Basketball Hoop

I am a terrible person. Maybe. I stole this item from someones cart. Maybe. I walked into the Goodwill in Iowa City and saw an unattended cart with an Iowa Hawkeye basketball hoop in it and I sat. And watched. And waited. And hoped. For 30 minutes. No one touched the cart. No one looked at the cart. No one moved the cart. I grabbed the hoop and put it in my cart, and waited for 5 more minutes. Thankfully no one came looking for it. I have never wanted to get through checkout faster. Thank God.

This is a really cool piece, I looks to be from the mid-80's, and was made by a company called G-K Enterprises out of Cedar Falls, Iowa. Beyond that, I really cannot find much more information. The company doesn't have a website and the phone number on the back is no longer in service. So yeah.






Price Paid: $3.38
Bought At: Iowa City Goodwill
Condition: Good. Slight scratching and some scuffs along the edges
Going For: I can't tell, as I can't find another one for sale online

So if the person who left that cart is reading this, I either thank you or apologize. But it looks very good in my living room.

Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment